liver/gallbladder cleanse and inserted the instructions from Andreas Moritz's book called The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush to avoid any confusion. I highly recommend reading this book and following the directions to obtain the best results. You can order it here at www.rawlife.com.
Paul and I recently decided to do a liver/gallbladder cleanse together. It's always more fun to have someone to cleanse with! After a few weeks on the road, we felt like our bodies deserved a kick start, and this liver/gallbladder cleanse is pretty simple too, so we thought it would be easy to do it in between trips.
The liver is one of the most vital organs in the body. It is the largest organ and also performs the most functions. It filters the blood and excretes waste through bile, which is then sent to the gallbladder. When oil or fat is present in a meal, it signals the gallbladder to contract and squeeze bile, which helps the oils and fats to be properly absorbed by the body.
There are six fundamental things that tend to damage the liver:
2. Eating and drinking refined white flour products, processed foods, junk foods, white sugar, and fried foods.
3. A low-protein, high-carbohydrate and fat diet.
4. Alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, theobromine, and hard, recreational drugs.
5. Medicinal drugs and pharmaceuticals.
6. Consuming insecticides, preservatives and other cumulative poisons.
You can also help your liver and gallbladder by eating foods high in potassium, like brown rice, bananas, blackstrap molasses, almonds, seeds, kelp, dulse, prunes and raisins. Drinking lots of pure water, and eating mostly raw, organic foods and fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
It is important to be nice to your liver! If the liver is functioning properly, most illnesses and cancers can be eliminated!
While it is possible to control a few aspects of your health, like what you eat and drink, there are a few things that you cannot control, like environmental toxins, and damage that may have happened before your health journey. This is why it is important to cleanse and fast. Your body needs a break and an opportunity to do its job!
Fasting and cleansing is not for everyone, and I do not advise pregnant and nursing mothers to do any heavy cleansing or fasting. I am currently nursing Noa, but this cleanse is pretty simple and gentle, so I did not have an issue completing it. But it is important that if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, that you do major cleansing when you are finished. That way you do not jeopardize your health or your baby's, by dumping too many toxins into your blood too fast.
There are many websites online that describe different ways to do this liver/gallbladder cleanse.
Here are the directions from The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush:
You will need:
- Apple juice: 32 ozs. a day/for 6 days
- Epsom salts: 4 TBSP dissolved in 3 8-oz. glasses of water
- Extra virgin olive, cold-pressed: one-half glass 4 oz.
- Either fresh grapefruit (pink is best), or fresh lemon and orange combined
- 2 pint jars, one with a lid
2. Avoid foods that are cold or chilling, animal foods, dairy products and fried foods. Eat normal, but do not overeat.
3. Plan to do the actual cleansing on a weekend. That will allow you time to rest if needed.
4. Avoid any medication, vitamins or supplements.
5. Cleanse your colon before and after your do the liver flush. Either by colonics or enemas.
6. One the 6th day:
- Drink all 32 ounces of apple juice in the morning. Eat a light breakfast, juice, fruit or oatmeal. Eat a light lunch of plain cooked or steamed vegetables and white rice preferably basmati. Do not eat protein foods, butter, or oil. Do not eat or drink anything (except water) after 1:30 p.m.
- 6 p.m.: Add 4 TBSP of Epsom salts to 24 ounces of water (three 8-oz. glasses) of filtered water in a jar. This makes four 6-oz servings. Drink first portion (3/4 glass) now. This will open the bile ducts, making it easy for stones to pass.
- 8 p.m.: Drink second serving.
- 9:30 p.m.: Do a water enema if you have not had a bowel movement or colonic.
- 9:45 p.m.: Wash and squeeze grapefruits by hand and remove the pulp. You need 3/4 glass. Pour the juice with 1/2 cup of olive oil into jar. Shake hard until it is watery.
- 10 p.m.: Stand next to bed, and drink concoction while standing, without interruption if possible. Some people use a large plastic straw.
- LIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY! Turn of lights, lie flat on your back, with one or two pillows propping your head up. Your head should be higher than your abdomen. Or, lie on your right side with your knees pulled toward your head. Lie perfectly still for at least 20 minutes, and try not to speak. You may feel the stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles, but there will not be any pain.
- 6-6:30 a.m.: Drink your third 3/4 glass of Epsom salts. You may go back to sleep, or do light exercise.
- 8 - 8:30 a.m.: Drink your fourth glass of 3/4 glass of Epsom salts.
- 10 -10:30 a.m.: You drink fresh juice, then 30 mins. later, eat fresh fruit. One hour later you may eat light food. By the evening, you should be back to normal start feeling signs of improvement!
That is it! The next morning, be prepared to pass gallstones in your stool. They look light to dark green, are very irregular in shape, are the size of grape seeds to cherry seeds, and feel like gelatin.
To permanently cure health issues, all stones must be removed, and this can take up to 8-12 liver flushes! Liver flushes should be performed is 3-week or monthly intervals.
Paul and I were both tempted to take pictures of ours, but I was not sure if I was ready to expose myself so much! But I will post a few pictures of what ours looked like instead.
This really is an easy cleanse, and you only need 6 days to complete it. I encourage everyone to try this cleanse! You will be amazed at the results, and feel energized, lighter, and happier!